September 25th, 2016

Man jailed for indecent child images

Man jailed for indecent child images Man jailed for indecent child images
Updated: 10:01 am, May 07, 2015

A WINYATES Green man who was found with over 3,000 indecent images of children has been jailed for more than two years.

Kerry Jones, from Abbotswood Close, pleaded guilty to 14 charges of possessing pornographic images as well as one charge of sexually assaulting a six-year-old girl.

Worcester Crown Court heard how the 54-year-old had touched the girl under and over her clothes on April 27, 2013 while she sat on his lap.

The girl told her mother what had happened later that day after complaining she was in pain. Her parents then contacted the police and the next day Jones was arrested.

As part of the investigation police seized his computer, laptop and a phone where they uncovered thousands of images and videos which ranged from level one to level five in severity.

Prosecutor Peter Grice said among the images were extreme animal pornography, as well an indecent image of the child in question which was discovered on his phone.

Andrew Baker, defending, said although Jones did not plead guilty to the sexual assault charge straight away, he admitted it before trial which stopped the victim having to give evidence in court.

He added Jones, who cared for his wife, was previously of good character, remorseful, and fully recognised he needed help.

During sentencing on Monday, March 16, Judge Michael Cullum said Jones had been abusing children for some time by watching child pornography.

“You did an act which meant that your secret habit of looking at child pornography and attempting to get sexual gratification from it swathed on to the lives of people who you loved and cared for,” he said.

But he said he did take into account his previous good character and remorse.

He sentenced him to two years and four months for the charge of sexual assault, along with six months for each of the other charges.

These will run concurrently meaning he will serve two years and four months in total.

A ten-year Sexual Harm Prevention Order was also issued while Jones’ computers will not be returned to him.