LEADING high street fashion retailer, Debenhams, is launching a search in Redditch to find a budding child fashion designer.
Debenhams is on a mission to find an eager youngster with a flair for fashion to create a t-shirt design to sit alongside the SS17 clothing range. Whether its dragons, dinosaurs, princesses or ponies, the creative concept can be anything that budding designers choose.
To be in with the chance of having their very own design featured on a real t-shirt, all flourishing young designers must enter via post or email before Friday, August 26.
The judging panel will be made up of Shani Delargy, head buyer and Lesley Budris, head designer at Debenhams. The t-shirts designs will be used by the expert team at Debenhams to help them tap into the imagination of children and continue to design clothes that children want to wear, and not just what their parents make them wear.
The winner will be invited into the store to see their design and receive a deluxe personal shopping experience. The lucky local will also be awarded with a £150 gift card, from store manager Alicia Griparis, to buy all the outfits they need for the rest of this year.
“Our stores have a great collection for children and top British designers, including Henry Holland and Julien MacDonald, but it would be great to see a design from a local child created for the first time and sold in store,” said Alicia.
“We’ve decided to ask the children of Redditch to help us usher in a new wave of fresh young talent that will help us bring a first for the brand.”
· Entrants can be aged up to age 12
· Full parent/guardian permission required
· Child and parent/guardian must be available and willing to participate in relevant PR and photography or forfeit prize
· There is no cash alternative to the prize offered
· Employees of Debenhams and any affiliated companies are excluded from entering this competition
· Personal shopper experience only offered if service offered at nearby store, no cash alternative
· Design featured on a t-shirt
· Personal shopping experience
· £150 gift card for Debenhams
Those interested in entering the competition should do so with their parents’ permission and submit designs, which can be designed on a piece of paper or a computer programme, to firstname.lastname@example.org or post them to Havas PR UK, 26 Palmerston Place, Edinburgh, EH12 5AL.