TWO vacancies are available for members of the public to join the West Mercia Police and Crime Panel for a period of four years.
The role to maintain a regular check and balance on the performance of the Police and Crime Commissioner is unpaid but travel expenses and training will be provided.
The commitment required will vary, but is expected to average one day a month, with meetings generally held during normal working hours, mainly at County Hall in Worcester.
Applications from people with experience in community safety, victim support and criminal justice would be particularly welcomed and applicants must live or work within the West Mercia police force area.
The closing date for applications is Thursday August 18 and applicants must not be:
· The Police and Crime Commissioner or a member of staff of the Police and Crime Commissioner for the West Mercia Police area
· A member of the civilian staff of the Police Force for the West Mercia Police area
· A Member of Parliament
· A Member of the National Assembly for Wales
· A Member of the Scottish Parliament
· A Member of the European Parliament
· A Member of any County Council, Borough Council or District Council in the West Mercia area.
For more information contact Simon Mallinson, Head of Legal and Democratic Services for Worcestershire County Council on 01905 766670 or email firstname.lastname@example.org