TRADING Standards in Warwickshire are warning people about unsafe Turkish Swan Neck Table Lamps sold at Stratford Market (Waterside) and sold online between September 2018 and December 2018.
Officers tested a ‘size 2’ version of the lamp and found it failed the electrical safety standards in several areas:
• the lamp had not been earthed
• the earth wire was left cut off
• metal parts of the lampholder were separated by basic insulation only
• the supply cord wires were twisted together and covered with insulation tape
• there was no supply cord anchorage
Officers said such defects present a serious risk of electric shock and could cause overheating, potentially leading to a fire.
None of the lamps were marked with the name and address of the manufacturer or the importer, there was no type, batch or serial number and no instructions.
They advise anyone who has bought one of the products should stop using it immediately and contact Istanbul Bazaar Ltd (trading as grandbazaaruk.co.uk) for an exchange or a refund.
The seller is now located at 5, The Minories, Off Henley Street, Stratford-Upon-Avon, CV37 6NF, telephone number 07739 852209, email – firstname.lastname@example.org .