Redditch care home residents evacuated after fire breaks out - The Redditch Standard

Redditch care home residents evacuated after fire breaks out

Redditch Editorial 19th Aug, 2020   0

FOUR fire engines and a fleet of ambulances were called after fire broke out at the Cedars Residential Care Homes earlier today, Wednesday, August 19.

The alarm was raised just after 9.30am after the blaze started in an extractor fan in one of the bathrooms, prompting an immediate and full evacuation of residents from the premises.

Three fire crews from Redditch attended the scene along with one from out of town and the fire was put out with a CO2 extinguisher.

A spokesperson for Walden Care, which runs the care home in Cedar Road, Enfield, said: “There was a small fire contained within an en suite bathroom at The Cedars, which the fire service has identified as an electrical fault.




“This has been isolated and made safe.

“Staff seamlessly conducted a full evacuation of residents, until the cause of the fire was known. There were no injuries.


“We give our thanks to the emergency services for attending promptly and providing valuable support to our staff and residents.”

Podcasts

Now, every week, you can also listen to a roundup of Redditch Standard Local News.

Online Editions

Catch up on your local news by reading our e-editions on the Redditch Standard.

Advertising

Advertise with the Redditch Standard to reach your audience

YouTube

Check out the latest videos on our YouTube channel.