20th Jul, 2019

Studley dog unable to stand after swallowing large amount of cannabis

Harry Leach 22nd Feb, 2019 Updated: 22nd Feb, 2019

A DROWSY dog was brought into Acorn Veterinary Centre last night after it was revealed he had swallowed a large amount of cannabis.

The dog was unable to stand, had intermittent hyperaesthesia, a racing heart and muscle tremors.

A spokesperson from Acorn Veterinary Centre, based on Station Road, said: “We suspected cannabis poisoning and the dog was rushed to our out-of-hours practice to be looked after overnight.

“His owners had taken him on a walk on Green Lane in Studley at around 1pm. The dog discovered the weed in a bush after sniffing around.”

Despite being in a bad way, the dog has now fully recovered.

And following the unusual case the Veterinary Centre has urged residents to always be aware of what their dog is eating and to take their pet to the vets if the any of the following symptoms occur:

– Dilated pupils

– Vomiting

– Drowsiness

– Hyperaesthesia

– Urinary and faecal incontinence

– Behaviour changes

– Bradycardia or tachycardia

– Hypotension

– Hypothermia

– Tremors

– Twitching

– Convulsions

Reader Travel

Check out all of the latest reader travel offers to get your hands on some free gifts.

Podcasts

Now, every week, you can also listen to a roundup of Redditch Standard Local News

Heart2Heart Dating

Looking for love? Start searching to find a new date on heart2heart dating.

Business Directory

From plumbers, to restaurants, we can provide you with all the info you need.