TEN people have been charged over a large scale plot to smuggle drugs and phones into prisons across England using drones, including HMP Hewell.
The eight men and two women, from areas such as Northfield and Weoley Castle, have been charged with three counts of conspiracy to supply drugs, psychoactive substances and banned items.
The group allegedly used drones to drop the contraband over prison walls at HMP Birmingham in Winson Green, HMP Oakwood and Featherstone in Wolverhampton, Worcestershire’s HMP Hewell, HMP Risley in Warrington, HMP Wymott in Lancashire and HMP Liverpool.
The ten charged are:
• Paul Payne aged 33 Broad Street, Coseley
• Callum McDonough aged 25 from Shenley Field Road, Northfield
• Shane Hadlington aged 29 from Sycamore Lodge, Oldbury
• Hannah Williams aged 34 from Horton Street, Tipton
• Stella Deakin aged 40 Boundary Hill, Dudley
• Richard Harrabin aged 27 from Perton Grove, Weoley Castle
• Jake Blewitt aged 20 from Highfield Road, Tipton
• Dwayne Tinker aged 20 Lindridge Drive, Minworth
• Ryan Greaves aged 21 from Kimberley Walk, Minworth
• Robert Morris, aged 43, from Sedgeley Road West in Tipton
All ten were arrested during morning raids on Wednesday as part of an investigation by the West Midlands Regional Prison Investigation Team based in Birmingham.