CHANGES to the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) could help Studley fight a planning application for another fast food outlet in the village.
Residents have made clear their opposition to more takeaways in the village via the Studley Neighbourhood Plan which is currently being drawn up.
Now Domino Pizza UK & Ireland have resubmitted a previously-rejected planning application to convert the old Lloyds Bank building on Alcester Road into a takeaway.
The application is identical to the one which was refused and at Tuesday night’s parish council meeting members voiced suspicions that Domino’s were happy to take the case to appeal to win the case.
This was after a previously-rejected plan to convert the old HSBC bank into a fast food shop went to appeal, only for the planning inspector to find in favour of the applicant.
However, having got planning permission, that building is now back up for let again.
“My personal view is that we should put in the same objections as we did the first time with the difference that this time we have started our Neighbourhood Plan and the message from residents is that we do not want anymore takeaways in the village,” said Councillor Paul Beaman.
He was backed by District Councillor Hazel Wright (Lib Dem, Studley South & Sambourne) who said the new NPPF talks about establishing balanced communities.
Coun Eric Holder added that with permission already granted for the vacant HSBC site why couldn’t Domino’s use that site instead?
Councillors agreed to work out what percentage of village businesses were fast food outlets to further their case, and then unanimously rejected the application.