Warning to residents after sunlight shining on mirror sparks garage fire - The Redditch Standard

Warning to residents after sunlight shining on mirror sparks garage fire

Redditch Editorial 11th Jul, 2018   0

A WARNING has gone out to residents to think carefully about the contents of their outbuildings after a garage fire in Tardebigge.

It was caused by sunlight streaming through the window and reflecting off a mirror.

Fire crews from Bromsgrove and Redditch attended the blaze with the garage well alight by the time they got there.

Firefighters used water jets and a triple extension ladder to extinguish the flames.




Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue Service has since warned residents to be careful of where mirrors and other reflective items are positioned.

Visit hwfire.org.uk for more fire safety advice.


Public Notices

View and download all of the public notices in the Redditch Standard.

Announcements

Weddings, Birthdays, Bereavements, Thank you notices, Marriages and more.

Podcasts

Now, every week, you can also listen to a roundup of Redditch Standard Local News.

YouTube

Check out the latest videos on our YouTube channel.