Woman suffers facial burns after gas explosion in Hollywood - The Redditch Standard

Woman suffers facial burns after gas explosion in Hollywood

Redditch Editorial 4th Jan, 2016 Updated: 18th Oct, 2016   0

A WOMAN has suffered burns to her face after escaping a fire caused by a gas explosion in a glass fronted cooker inside a caravan, in Hollywood.

Emergency services were called and two crews from Redditch Fire Station attended along with an ambulance to Houndsfield Lane at about 3.30pm on Friday (January 1).

The 22-year-old was able to leave the caravan on her own with superficial burns and was treated at the scene and taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospitals’ specialist burns centre by ambulance.

The fire service believe the explosion was caused by an aerosol can which was left under the grill.




Printing

We can provide all of your printing needs at competitive rates.

Subscribe

Receive a weekly update to your inbox by signing up to our weekly newsletter.

Public Notices

View and download all of the public notices in the Redditch Standard.

Online Editions

Catch up on your local news by reading our e-editions on the Redditch Standard.